The need is high as seniors self-isolate due to COVID-19. Drivers are taking seniors to critical appointments, and also picking up grocery/prescription/etc. orders.
Drive Happiness is looking for generous, compassionate individuals to volunteer their time driving seniors in the areas they serve, including St. Albert, Morinville and Sturgeon County.
All rides are pre-booked through the Drive Happiness office, using a software called Ride Scheduler® to track appointments. As a volunteer driver, you access the database of requested rides online and choose which trips suit your schedule. – Choose when, where, and how often you drive – Receive gas reimbursement from Drive Happiness – Meet friendly and appreciative seniors – Make a difference in your community Requirements:
- clean driver's abstract (exceptions may be made for older accidents and tickets from another location)
- a Vulnerable Sector Police Check (can take two weeks to obtain)
- drivers licence, vehicle registration, and valid insurance
- safe and reasonably clean vehicle
- two references and an emergency contact
For more information and to apply, visit drivehappiness.ca